According to its website, the USA Pro Cycling Challenge is one of the most demanding bike race ever held on American soil, with racers experiencing breathtaking – and we mean that literally – altitudes day after unrelenting day.
The race brings the high speeds, danger and adrenaline of professional cycling to elevations more than two miles high in some of the most picturesque terrain in the world — the Colorado Rocky Mountains. With altitudes and downhill peaks double what riders generally endure, the Colorado Rockies present a course that is as much a part of the race as the riders themselves.
Stage 1, August 20, is Durango to Telluride. The race finishes in Denver on August 26.
A show of 13 bikes is now up at the Denver International Airport celebrates the USA Pro Cycling event. PLUS owner Ivar Zeile is curator of the USA Pro Challenge Bike Project on display until DATE
Artists and their affiliations are as follows:
1. Andrew Hoffman / BMC RACING TEAM (BMC) USA
2. Mike Bernhardt / GARMIN – BARRACUDA (GRM) USA
3. Vincent Comparetto / UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team USA
4. Cultivator / OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP (OPQ) BEL
5. Tracy Weil / Champion System Pro Cycling Team CHINA
6. Sander Lindeke / Emily Hinson / Bissell Pro Cycling USA
7. Conor Hollis and Amorette Lana / Team Spidertech Powered By C10 CANADA
8. Sukle Advertising / RADIOSHACK-NISSAN (RNT) LUX
9. Ladies Fancywork Society / Team Exergy USA
10. Matt Scobey / EPM-UNE COLOMBIA
11. PlatteForum / LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE (LIQ) ITA
12. DAVA Youth / ASTANA PRO TEAM (AST) KAZ
13. Colin Livingston / USA Pro Cycle Challenge
Watch Clint Viebrock’s video for an overview of the show.