Ah Haa Moment: Date Night Cooking With "Sweet Rhi"
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, here are “10 Ways to Surprise Your Spouse,” we discovered in “The Nest.”
1. Stuff a love note in their wallet or tuck it under a windshield wiper.
2. Change the desktop wallpaper to a cute photo of you two on your spouse’s home computer.
3. Burn a CD with tunes from your dating days and include your first dance or fave song.
4. Look up the date of the next full moon and celebrate with a champagne toast.
5. Hate basketball, but your main squeeze is addicted? Despise musicals, but your partner can’t get enough? Suck it up and get tickets — the reward will be worth it.
Continue reading here.
Join Rhiannnon in a beautiful, contemporary kitchen in a private home in Idarado as she prepares a four-course meal complete with wine pairings, candles and chocolate. Learn about aphrodisiacs and their history as you sample a few taste treats designed to light your fire.
Menu and wine pairings for the evening, Saturday February 8, 6 – 9 p.m., include: Oysters Rockefeller (La Marca NV Prosecco); Asparagus and Prosciutto over field greens with balsamic vinaigrette drizzle (Starborough 2012 Sauvignon Blanc); Tenderloin and Prawns “Surf & Turf” with roasted baby sunshine potatoes, wilted garlic spinach, and a red wine reduction (Colorado Colterris Cabernet Sauvignon); and Chocolate Fondue (Champagne Nicolas Feuillate, Champagne, France)
More about Rhiannon:
Rhiannon Chandler attended culinary school at AB Tech College in Asheville, North Carolina, graduating in 2003. After several years working in fine dining and catering, specializing in pastry and gigs with noteworthy national events – Bohemian Grove in Monto Rio, California; the 2008 Olympic Track and Field Trials in Eugene, Oregon; and four PBR Phoenix Open golf tournaments – Rhiannon moved to Telluride (in 2008), working first for Jake Linzinmeir, then Capella Telluride (now Hotel Madeline) and finally opening her own business in 2011, Sweet Rhi, which is private cooking classes, personal chefing, catering, and wedding cakes. She now splits her time between Sweet Rhi’s and Telluride’s The Butcher and The Baker Cafe.
Register for the course here.
Listen to my interview with Rhiannon to learn more about her life and work and her cooking event.
Latest posts by Susan Viebrock (see all)
- Telluride Foundation: 7th Annual Telluride Gives Day, 12/14 - December 11, 2017
- Gallery 81435: Flair Robinson, “Be Unbroken,” Opens 12/14 - December 11, 2017
- Opera House: “Jay & Silent Bob Get Old,” 12/14 - December 11, 2017