Get Ready To Rock At Ah Haa’s ‘I “ART” Rock N’ Roll’ Auction Extravaganza
Art and rock ’n roll, two things Telluride deeply embraces, come together for a great cause: the 2017 Annual Ah Haa Art Auction on Friday, July 14. All live auction items are available for preview and pre-bidding on the Ah Haa School’s website: www.ahhaa.org. Tickets are on sale now at 970-728-3886 or can be purchased at the door. General admission seating is $35; reserved VIP seating is $100. Bring a friend and join Ah Haa for an incredible rock and roll pARTy! And please scroll down to discover 10 Things To Do at Ah Haa This Summer.
For more information on the event, auction items, tickets and more, visit www.ahhaa.org or call 970/728-3886.
Every summer for 25 years, attendees at the Ah Haa School for the Arts annual benefit art auction have enjoyed singing, dancing, film parodies, celebrity guests, fantastic themes, and the occasional (family-friendly) striptease – and yes, fine art.
This year, the Ah Haa School will turn the annual event up to 11 with the 2017 theme: “I ‘Art’ Rock n’ Roll”.
Attendees are invited to dress up as their favorite rock stars – living or dead – and join the celebration under the tent on Townsend St. in front of Ah Haa’s historic Depot building. Register for a paddle, secure a seat, grab a libation, then peruse the symphony of silent auction items on display inside the Depot.
In addition to an impressive collection of silent auction items, beginning at 7 p.m., the live auction offers some rock star-worthy treats: VIP passes to the Telluride Jazz Festival; a rare photograph of Paul McCartney; a signed Neil Young guitar; and a pimped-out electric trike.
Attendees can also bid on a Riviera Maya Resort Getaway, a night at the famed Tempter House, and a Lady Gaga Rock Star Package which includes accommodations and tickets to her sold out Denver concert in December.
Guests also get to enjoy live music.
And for those who want to channel their rock star alter egos, the evening culminates in a karaoke dance party after the live auction.
So tease out your hair, load up on eyeliner, practice your best power ballad, and get ready to rock!
Top 10 Things to do at Ah Haa this summer….
1) Dress as your favorite ROCK STAR or COME AS YOU ARE and attend the 25th Annual Ah Haa Art Auction, “I HeART Rock n’Roll, Friday, July 14 at the Depot!
2) Find your artistic voice with an adult workshop. Print with Light, Experiment with Acrylic Grounds, Expand Your Vision with Oil & Wax, experience a Sketchbook Extravaganza, and more!
3) Enroll your kids in a super fun Art Camp or Fabulous Friday!
4) Join Hollywood actor Keith Jefferson (The Temple, The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained…) for a professional acting workshop (ages 7-12, teens & adults).
5) Get ye to the Wednesday, July 19, Historic & Architectural Review Commission meeting to support the super cool design for the Town of Telluride SMPA mixed-use building project, the future new home of the Ah Haa School!6) Submit your Telluride SELFIE to the 5th Annual Photography Prize Exhibition by Thursday, August 3.7) Vote on your favorite photograph from Face to Face: Self Portraits That Tell a Story, opening reception, Thursday, Sept. 7.
8) Attend the Thursday, August 3 opening reception Little Red Riding Hood: New Works by Ally Crilly.
9) Capture Telluride’s alpenglow during an Evening Outing Photo Shoot with Tara Carter, Wednesday, Aug. 23.
10) Immerse yourself in an advanced two-week session of the 2017 Telluride Painting School this fall. Acquire discipline-based knowledge, practical skills and develop and expand your own personal, expressive style with Deborah Kahn, Ying Li or Sam Levy.
Go to ahhaa.org and learn more.
Latest posts by Susan Viebrock (see all)
- Palm Arts/”The Bob”: Blues Singer Seth Walker, 1/27 - January 19, 2018
- Women’s March 2018: Telluride & Beyond, 1/20 - January 18, 2018
- Telluride Institute: Ute Leader at Host Indigenous Roundtable, 1/17 - January 17, 2018
Comments are closed.