TVA: Class Of 2018, Women Rule!
The Telluride Venture Accelerator, an initiative of the Telluride Foundation, accepted six companies into its intensive business start-up program: three of the six are helmed by women; five of the six have women co-founders. Go teams.
While it might otherwise be tough to connect the dots between bicycle pedals, lingerie, organic toothpaste, demountable walls, workout recovery aids, and a baby toy, six companies producing these products are the focus of business assistance and mentorship this year through the Telluride Venture Accelerator (TVA), an initiative of the Telluride Foundation.
Entrepreneurship that leads to the formation of startup businesses is the single biggest driver in U.S. job creation. TVA’s goal is to diversify the Telluride regional economy by supporting entrepreneurship and the formation of new high growth businesses.
TVA is a 17-week, mentor-driven program that helps founders build startup business ventures. Since its inception in 2013, TVA has graduated 26 start-up companies. The program kicks off March 12 and culminates in Telluride on July 2 with TVA’s signature Demo Day event, held at the Palm Theater.
In 2018, TVA is adapting its training approach to a hybrid on-site/remote program to attract a more diverse applicant pool. Historically, female-led businesses only make up 30 percent of companies around the world. This year, three of the six teams chosen by TVA are led by female CEOs; five out of six have female co-founders.
Please join TVA in welcoming the six companies to this years’ cohort.
1. Pedaling Innovations: The world’s best flat bicycle pedal. Increase your power and efficiency and stability with this patent-pending design. Location: Grand Junction, CO.
2. Dr. Brite: All Natural, Cruelty-Free, Organic, Non-GMO. Vegan, Dentist and Doctor Created, Toothpaste, Mouthwash, Teeth Whitening Pens and Pet Products. Location: Irvine, CA.
3. Jewel Toned: Shapewear and lingerie made by lingerie experts. Underwear and body shapers that are colorful, fun, pretty and comfortable. Location: Los Angeles, CA.
4. Låda Cube: With the goal to create demountable walls that function like traditional walls, Låda Cube offers manufactured pre-engineered and pre-manufactured walls, providing incredible flexibility and function. Location: Grand Junction, CO.
5. Recoup Fitness: The company creates innovative post-workout and muscle-recovery products used by professionals – without a professional price tag. Location: Denver, CO.
6. Yoee Baby: This developmental baby toy promotes bonding by playfully connecting parents and caregivers with their babies beginning Day#1. Location: Salida and Boulder, CO.
Beyond its core accelerator offering, TVA also plans to expand in 2018 to create programs for earlier-stage businesses, as well as programs tailored for rapidly growing companies with plans to scale operations to larger markets.
More about the Telluride Foundation:
The Telluride Foundation is committed to enriching the quality of life of the residents and workforce of the Telluride region. It is a nonprofit, apolitical public community foundation that makes grants and runs programs in arts, education, health and human services, community development, and social enterprise. The Foundation strives to achieve excellence for the community through its mission and core values, including promoting inclusion and maximizing benefit to all. Our work is funded through the generous support of hundreds of donors as well as grants from state and national foundations.
Please visit www.telluridefoundation.org.
Latest posts by Susan Viebrock (see all)
- “Lucky” Doug Fergus, Concert, 2/23 - February 18, 2018
- Telluride AIDS Benefit: Metal Artist Issenberg Honors #25 - February 17, 2018
- Talking Gourds: Childs & Chesonis Showcased, 2/20 - February 16, 2018
Comments are closed.