Telluride Mushroom Fest: Virtual Event Starts 8/10; Sign Up To Watch Thru 8/2021!
It is estimated that there are a million and a half species of fungi- with about 90 percent remaining undocumented. The number of mycophiles? Countless. Consider yourself part of that enlightened community? Then the 40th annual Telluride Mushroom Festival is for you. Yes, even if Covid-19 has you confined to quarters.
It is a well known fact that mycelium are the original World Wide Web, communicating with one another, making key decisions without a real center (the world according to Google). Starting Monday, August 10, we can make like fungi and do that too through our participation in the Telluride Institute’s Telluride Mushroom Festival (TMF) – online.
All (very limited) in-person spots are now available during the regular registration period from Aug 5-12 for a $100 donation. In town the week of August 10?Registration for stakeholder events is now open. Go here for more.
Watch this information-packed video below and then read on for further details, including about the limited in-person option.
In Telluride next week? The scoop on in-person stakeholder events:
• The Telluride Mushroom Festival has only have 40-80 in-person event spots available per day (Tuesday-Sunday), which is why the reserving the spots.
• Festival Pass Donors, Grantors and Sponsors who indicated they will be in town during the Festival have “first dibs” on sign-ups.
• All in-person spots are now available during the regular registration period from Aug 5-12 for a $100 Festival donation. During these hard times, supporters are being asked to consider donating this year to ensure a Mushroom Festival in 2021 and for years to come.
• In-person events are not meant to serve as or replicate the normal festival by any means. They are simply offered to those who are still planning on coming to Telluride from August 12-16 as a THANK YOU for donating when we funds are most needed.
Please also note:
• NO GUARANTEES everyone will get into every event they wish to attend. Due to the fact events themselves are extremely limited due to space, Festival staff cannot make a guarantee or exception to events listed as FULL.
• FREE Events held in collaboration with the Wilkinson Public Library are reserved through the Library reservation portal and not following the same above-mentioned method of reservation.
• Due to COVID-19, County Health restrictions and recommendations ALL ATTENDEES must be healthy when they arrive to a venue, wear a mask, keep six feet distance from the other attendees. They also have to sign a waiver before participating that includes their personal contact information in case tthe County needs to reach out to participants for later contact tracing.
• Due to COVID-19 County Health restrictions and recommendations all in-person events will check temperatures of presenters and festival staff before each event, ensure attendees have the ability to maintain social distance of six feet, gather no more than 10 people, ensure food samples for cooking demos are prepared ahead of time with COVID-19 food health precautions in place and covered until dispersed to attendees.
EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE LONGEVITY OF The TELLURIDE MUSHROOM FESTIVAL DURING THESE DIFFICULT TIMES!
Go here to get the Telluride Mushroom Festival program.
Telluride Mushroom Festival FAQs are here.
ATTENTION: TELLURIDE MUSHROOM FEST RECOGNIZES THERE ARE STILL INDIVIDUALS WHO BOUGHT PASSES BEFORE COVID WHO HAVE NOT TAKEN ACTION TO CHANGE OR REFUND THEM.
Why is this important to note? Because your ticket was never changed to a COVID-19 DONATION + VIRTUAL PASS option OR REFUNDED, Mushroom Fest is assuming you just meant to contribute to its longevity without receiving anything in return. If that’s the case..THANK YOU!!
Since the Telluride Mushroom Fest is now within days of the event, your original pass fee has been added as a donation to the festival and refunds are no longer available. The nonprofit is happy to send you a donation letter with its EIN.
Whether you need to request a donation letter or have concerns regarding this message. Please reach out to Operations Manager, Ashley Smith at email@example.com
Latest posts by Susan Viebrock (see all)
- Telluride Science: Bigger, Brighter (For All) Future at The Depot! - October 25, 2020
- Sheridan Arts Foundation: 17th Annual Telluride Plein Air, 9/18-9/19! - September 8, 2020
- Telluride: Assessing Loss of Bill Jensen as Telski’s CEO - August 12, 2020
Comments are closed.